View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzy View Post
i was trying to activate all my licenses on my ilok which is pro tolls 9-10-and 11 at the same time because i wasn't sure if it would expire and I'm a new comer to music recording working on engineering and recording myself and other artists. so i have been using pro tools 9 and now that i activated 11 its saying that i surrendered my license to pro tools 9 and 10??? this is not what i wanted i am completely devastated as of right now because now i cannot open my pro tools 9 at all....what do i do how can i activate my pro tools 9 again to continue using it??.

now i sent this to ilok and they replied with i have to contact avid...i have been using PT 11 now because of issue above and everything was fine for a few days and now i am getting this dreadful "unable to locate hardware" message and i can no longer use PT 11???? i am completely dissatisfied with all the issues i've been having ever since i first installed PT 9... i am a engineer and a recording artist and i have clients also this is completely unacceptable i pay 2000 dollars for equipment i cannot even use or i'm going to have problems with every other day???!!!!!!

i also tried the sync n repair option on ilok and nothing has changed still cannot activate any of my licenses.
When you bought the Pro Tools 9 boxed version in April, 2013, you automatically received a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10, replacing your Pro Tools 9 license. When Pro Tools 11 was released, you automatically received a free upgrade to Pro Tools 11, which replaced your Pro Tools 10 license with a bundled license that includes both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools 10.

You only own the one license, but it is the current Pro Tools 11 bundled license for both Pro Tools 11 and 10.

That license shows up as installed on your iLok account.

See this Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11 for information on downloading Pro Tools 11 and 10 from your Avid account.

If you are having problems with Pro Tools 10 or 11 recognizing your license, you should probably download and install the latest version of the iLok License Manager.