View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Default Help! Error message "Mbox firmware v <not available>" in system preferences

Hello

Im running pro tools LE v7.0 on a powerPC dual 1.25gb with OS X 10.4.11, i have the old mbox.

It used to be that if i opened itunes the coreaudio manager would open automatic and itunes would use the mbox for playback. Now im getting the occasional kernel error and itunes is using the internal speakers for playback. Thats my problemo (safari is the same story).

Protools is fine and running as per usual and the core audio manager connects but doesnt talk to itunes, so i checked the mbox in system prefernces and it shows the error message "Mbox firmware v <not available>" and in the other space it shows "unable to connect to mbox".

Ive check compatibility and thats seems all good, i cant find any new firmware for my mbox that i dont already have installed (v20 i think..) im at a loss here! im usually able to fix these problems by my self but im stumped im a musician not a mac technician lol,,,,,,,Any help would be much appreciated......

thanks.
Hamish.