View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

Thanks for chiming in Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Avid has not announced the finer points of this exchange program and the product is not shipping for at least a month. So there's no reason to overly concerned.
Understood, and I (like presumably many other professionals) will wait a couple of months before using PT11, until we're sure it's 100% ready for primetime.
However, given the contradictions from AVID specifically regarding whether CPTK1 will be eligible, this will mean either:
1) I will need to find $999 to upgrade to PT11HD at some point in the next (say) 6-12 months, or

2) In the same time frame I will need to find approx £3500 to get the HDN with Omni because otherwise there is no way to stay up to date with the CPTK features I require for my work, because there is *no* upgrade path at all for CPTK1 users, and I'll simply have to write off the rather large cost of purchasing CPTK.

That's the crux of it... It simply needs clarification.

Either way I'm giving money to AVID, it would simply be nice to know how much (because much as I'd like to say I can probably find £3500 in loose change down the back of my sofa, I think that's unlikely).... All other upgrades have been priced and explained, but not this.
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe