View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
I like that!

ALSO

Just read this from someone's blog....

Heard it from the mouth of Avid the other day at a tech breakfast. AAX is the new format and their explanation is that PT 11 will be 64 bit, and the new AAX format will make better use of 64 bit technology. RTAS and TDM are 15 years old now. I even asked them directly "Will PT 11 support RTAS?" Their answer: "No!". Everyone there was stunned too.

p.s. All plug in manufacturers are working as we speak on AAX versions. Be prepared to open your wallet if you upgrade. Go Logic lol

There we have it!
I guess I fail to see what concerns you on this. The ones that are being put out the most here are the plugin devs, not us.

We get a complete re-write of PT to optimize, modernize, and significantly improve the performance and capabilities of the software. Most plugin devs are already announcing free updates to AAX, and others are offering version updates which will include AAX at a very modest price (to clarify, you would have been paying for it anyways, as they are launching a new version, it's not costing you because of the format change).

The plugin devs get put in a bit of a weird place, not wanting to upset us with upgrade prices, but also having to spend money on the format switch. However, it's also good for them because AAX is far more capable than RTAS or TDM in pretty much every way.

Seriously, I just do not at all understand why you're upset by any of this.

Especially considering the fact that if you for some reason hate better performance, you can always stick with what you have right now!

Quite frankly, I CAN'T WAIT for PT11. I have fantasies of PT11 running as light and fast as Reaper every day. Fingers are crossed