View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 02:13 PM

Default PT 12 editing issues - cursor won't move, edit window jumps.

I have been having 2 recurring problems and I am not sure if it is a bug or some new feature I need to set preferences on:

I have been using Protools professionally since 2001 and I have never encountered this. I upgraded to PT 12 Ultimate last fall. Using a Mac tower w 10.11.6.

1) when I am editing dialog and I click on the time line the cursor does not jump to that new position. Instead it stays in it's original position until I click a second time. It will move after two clicks. Of course if I click twice too quickly it highlights the entire track. This is infuriating particularly because it does not happen every time. Only about 70% of the time? So lets say usually but not always. Sometimes the blue position indicator at the top jumps to where I want to start, but then literally jumps back to it's original position. I can't imagine this is a preference.

2) the second issue has to do with the the edit window itself. Let's say I am delicately adjusting the clip gain on a clip on Trk 12 and there are tracks at the bottom out of view, SOMETIMES the entire screen moves down slightly so when I am clicked down on clip gain bar the screen jumps I am suddenly at +12 gain and my clip SCREAMS at me.

Not sure if I am explaining this clearly but it is driving me CRAZY.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon or am I just going out of my mind?