View Single Post
Old 01-27-2002, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on the Future of the 001...and Apple

lately it occurs to me...

Hey maybe they don't need firewire, maybe that's another new box....

For now dIgi001 editing of iMove clip's works ok. Not glamourous but functional.

Time code would be a nice addition, but for now anything I finnish goes on to a Post house for re-shooting, titles and such.- Curiously, Avid's other market. Which has been a little overrun by an apple product FCP, which now runs native and in real time (including audio with osx full support of I believe 4 tracks or something like that). From that can be gleaned a couple of things. Audio and for that matter video go nicely with osX. And secondly that apple has the capability to create the software. And thirdly that Apple might just have some good reason to start talking to Avid about "partnering". Then there's this tag along kid, DIGI design looking for some guidance and a bit of development help. In exchange for a mostly apple specific target market receiving products tailored to a core apple market. However Apples products have become credible competitors for Digi's products ( the low end at least). Who have previously held a boutique market. So think of it as flower shops. Flower shops with caterpillars ( us) eating away in a benign kind of unstoppable forward motion way at the structure. hence success comes when the flower shops discover the beauty of the butterflies they got for free to send off with the flowers as a added benefit to the consumer ( also us).

Please refer further questions to Nika.

thank you.