View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Default 8.0.1 Workspace not showing all connected drives

I've been using 8.0.1 for a few days now & most things are working as usual (not a perfect release but nonetheless work can be done). Today when I booted up ProTools it kept crashing on start up while it was Initializing Databases.

So I used the 'ProTools Pref and Database Helper' to do a clean sweep of the preferences, database folders & volume files. This allowed me to boot Pro Tools normally, however now when I go to 'Workspace' I only see my system partition & my audio partition (separate drive). It's completely ignoring 2 other partitions on the same drives as the visible partitions, 1 other internal HDD & 2 partitions on an external FW400 HDD. So a total of 5 mounted functioning partitions are no longer visible in Workspace!

Now I've tried everything to get these to show up again in Workspace but to now avail. I've tried repairing permissions with DiskWarrior, rebuilding directories, trashing ProTools prefs & databases over & over including the one residing in the Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Databases>Unicode

It seems whenever I close & re-open the Workspace it brings up an error in the Task Manager window as detailed here... 'Assertion in "/Volumes/Develepment/vb_blues/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../BDM/BDM_workspace.cpp", line 1431 ()

The other weird thing is that although the drives aren't showing in Workspace I can still open a session from any of the unlisted drives & change the Disk Allocation to use any of the missing partitions as they all show up fine in the Disk Allocation drop down menu.

Anyone seen this or know of a way to fix it?

Cheers,

Matt

Intel Quad Core 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.5.7, PT HD 8.0.1, HD2 ACCEL, Digi 192 Digital I/O

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia