View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Latest Avid Pro Audio Blogs

AvidBlogs.com

For official Avid Press Releases, see the Avid Press Room

Q3/Q4 2014 Pro Audio Blog Posts:

Tutorial Thursday: Pro Tools Sound Effects Library Searching Made Faster and More Efficient with New Workspace Browser
By David Forshee on October 2, 2014
One of the new features in Pro Tools 11 is a completely rebuilt workspace browser that’s faster and more efficient than ever. If you’re looking for a quick way to search your sound effects collection, there’s no easier way than with the workspace browser—here’s how...Read more

~~~~~

Sketching in Sibelius 7.5: The Basics of Arranging Your Workflow
By John Hinchey on October 2, 2014
This is the first of four tutorials that will teach you how to use powerful built-in features of Sibelius 7.5 to create a sketch of your arrangements, as well as how to use that sketch to quickly and efficiently orchestrate and complete your full score...Read more

~~~~~

AES Los Angeles 2014: Talk to the People Behind the Technology at the Avid Connectivity Partner Pavilion
By Andrew Wild on September 30, 2014
AES is an excellent venue for you to connect with and discuss your needs and goals with the industry professionals behind the technology. Connect with our 11 partners and with our own Avid AES team to get the latest news. Find out who’ll be there...Read more

~~~~~

AES Los Angeles 2014: Find us at AES for the Latest Audio Gear
By Tom Graham on September 29, 2014
Plus get your hands on the latest products, learn about our exciting new offerings, and discover how Avid Everywhere is ready to help you capture more value from your audio projects...Read more

~~~~~

How I Mixed Front of House for Fitz and the Tantrums at the US Open with 1 Million Watching Live on Television
By Aaron Glas on September 29, 2014
This was live TV, but more intense live TV than any late night show or daytime talk. The band gear, lights, stage, risers, etc. would all roll out in short order, line check quickly, and then go out on live TV. No pressure...Read more

~~~~~

Phoenix—In the Studio and On Stage
By Aurélien Pichod on September 23, 2014
Deck, the band’s bass player and co-producer, as well as Laurent d’Herbécourt, recording and broadcast sound engineer, share their insights into Phoenix’s creative process and subsequent approach to bringing their latest album Bankrupt! to the stage...Read more

~~~~~

Part 2 in a series on AvidBlogs.com:
Master the Art of Music Creation: Basslines, Synth Parts and Pro Tools Virtual Instruments
By Greg Stryke Chin on September 18, 2014
In this second episode I show you how to add and manipulate bassline and synth parts to the track using virtual instruments included with Pro Tools...Read more

~~~~~

Avid Connect Europe 2014: Opening Session Live Blog
By Adam Kranitz on September 11, 2014
Join us for our opening General Session, with Avid President and Chief Executive Officer, Louis Hernandez Jr., Senior Vice President of Products and Technology Chris Gahagan, and Senior Vice President of Services Rick Lowenstein—as we reveal the next important phase of Avid Everywhere...Read More - Replay Blog Posts

~~~~~

IBC 2014: Newly Launched Avid Advantage Offers a Breadth of New Services When and Where You Need Them
By Jeffro Cohen on September 11, 2014
These new offerings are more flexible, allowing you to tailor them to meet your unique requirements. Our aim is to help accelerate the value and return on your investment sooner...Read more

~~~~~

Follow Avid in Amsterdam on Social Media During IBC 2014 and Avid Connect Europe 2014
By Adam Kranitz on September 10, 2014
The next phase of Avid Everywhere, announcing powerful new solutions, is so big we couldn’t leave out those in our worldwide community not making the trip to Amsterdam...Read more

~~~~~

How I Mix Big Rock Sound with Polished Pop Vocals on a MacBook Pro While on the Road with Avril Lavigne
By Jason Decter on September 2, 2014
I’ve recently been mixing front of house for Avril Lavigne’s South American/Mexico tour and want to share an inside look at the preparation that went into getting this tour up and running...Read more

~~~~~

On Tour with Massive Attack: It Was the Best of Gigs, It Was the Maddest of Gigs
By Robb Allan on August 27, 2014
Glastonbury experience—even this cynical old roadie had to admit to feeling something other-worldly by the end of it all. It got me thinking about my favorite ever mixing experiences and maddest gigs...Read more

~~~~~

Music: Inside the Studio with Remix Master Dave Audé
By Tom Graham on August 26, 2014
Did you catch our exclusive music creation webinar with Dave Audé—the Grammy-nominated producer, remixer, and DJ known for collaborations with U2, Coldplay, will.i.am, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, and others? If not, see what you missed...Read more

~~~~~

IBC 2014: Avid Main Stage Demonstrations and Guest Presenter Schedule
By Adam Kranitz on August 26, 2014
In addition to the guest presentations on stage, we have three rotating Avid Everywhere demonstrations—Broadcast Everywhere, Video Everywhere, and Audio Everywhere. These main stage demos are 30 minutes and available throughout the day. Here’s the daily schedule...Read more

~~~~~

Creative Arts Emmy Awards 2014: Honoring the Best in U.S. Television Programming
By Sara Griggs on August 25, 2014
Many of us will tune in tonight to see which of our favorite shows and stars will nab a win at this year’s 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Earlier, the Creative Arts Emmy Awards were held, which honor the behind-the-scenes crafts essential to television production...Read more

~~~~~

Master the Art of Music Creation: Pro Tools and Maschine
By Greg Stryke Chin on August 21, 2014
I hope you’ll enjoy the first episode of our new tutorial series that dives into one of my favorite parts of music creation for electronic dance music, the drums, using the power of Pro Tools and Native Instruments Maschine...Read more

~~~~~

Creating the Perfect Piano for Composers in Pro Tools
By Thomas Koritke on August 19, 2014
Session Keys takes a fresh look at the timeless Grand Piano by using a new and innovative approach to create the perfect sound for Pro Tools productions...Read more

~~~~~

Pro Sound Effects Finds 150,000 Ways (and Counting) to Enrich Your Storytelling
By Keli Callaghan on August 15, 2014
How do you go from concept to creation in the most efficient and imaginative way possible? That’s the lightbulb moment Douglas Price had before forming Pro Sound Effects, providers of sound effects library and licensing solutions to the media production industry...Read more

~~~~~

Join Award-Winning FOH Engineer Robert Scovill for a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Sound Check
By Robert Scovill on August 13, 2014
These sound check events are a golden opportunity for you to get an insider’s glimpse at just how these cutting edge technologies and features are actually being deployed on a daily basis at every stop of the tour...Read more

~~~~~

Vocal Alignment—It Is Rocket Science
By Jeff Bloom on August 12, 2014
Top professionals trust us to do things right, but there’s more to changing the timing and tuning of audio than simply getting it in time and in tune. At Synchro Arts, modifications should come without artifacts...Read more

~~~~~

Introducing Avid Blogs in French, Spanish, and German
By Adam Kranitz on August 7, 2014
We’ve gathered an amazing group of creative professionals from across Western and Central Europe to contribute. See what’s new...Read more

~~~~~

Pro Mixing: Inside the World of Emmy-Winning Re-Recording Mixer Frank Morrone at Technicolor Toronto
By Tom Graham on August 6, 2014
Consumers today expect and demand a theatrical experience from modern TV shows. Read how media industry leader Frank Morrone delivers a mix that connects with audiences...Read more

~~~~~

Perfect Your Mix in Media Composer | Software with the Power of AAX Audio Plug-ins
By Brian Gerding on August 5, 2014
One of my favorite new additions is support for AAX. Working with audio in Media Composer using the same tools I already employ in Pro Tools is invaluable. See how to get started with AAX in your next project...Read more

~~~~~

IBC 2014: Robert Rodriguez—From Troublemaker to Media Mogul
By Adam Kranitz on August 4, 2014
Catch Robert live at IBC 2014 as the acclaimed filmmaker joins us to discuss his career and the role Avid creative tools have played in his evolution into becoming one of the most dynamic figures working in media today...Read more

~~~~~

Pro Tools 11 Virtual Instruments Included for Music Creation and Audio Production
By Andrew Wild on August 2, 2014
Pro Tools comes bundled with a wide selection of 64-bit AAX Native and DSP plug-ins, including virtual instruments. This is the first in a series of articles demonstrating how these included VIs can be used to create inspiring...Read more

~~~~~

Inspiration in Action—European Tour Provided Key Learnings For My New Role as Avid CMO
By Jennifer Smith on August 1, 2014
There is no better way to get quickly plugged in with our community of customers and partners than to hit the road. Over the past month, I traveled to France, Germany, and the UK to start getting to know as many of you as I can…Read more

~~~~~

Scoring a 9 out of 10 for the Upgraded Sibelius 7.5 Music Notation Software
By Sara Griggs on July 31, 2014
Workflow, playback and sharing have all been improved in the upgraded Sibelius 7.5. Keith Gemmell mulls over the score in MusicTech Magazine...Read more

~~~~~

Media Composer Software Updates Professional Features for Creative Editorial
By Wim Van den Broeck on July 30, 2014
Avid just released the first update of Media Composer | Software. Here are some of the latest new features* to boost your creativity and efficiency...Read more

*Including support for 64-bit AAX plug-ins, so you can use them in both Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 8.1 and higher.

~~~~~

Don’t Miss a Minute of IBC 2014
By Adam Kranitz on July 28, 2014
If you can’t make it to Amsterdam, but want to see the latest product and services announcements from the show floor and hear from top creative professionals, sign up for our free daily IBC updates now...Read more

~~~~~

AAX EQ Plug-in Options Continue to Grow with Powerful Sonic Sculpting and EQ Matching from NUGEN Audio SEQ-S
By Jon Schorah on July 27, 2014
At NUGEN Audio, we love our Pro Tools customer base — so we’re committed to offering them the industry’s most flexible and powerful range of audio plug-ins. The latest example is our newly launched SEQ-S for AAX...Read more

~~~~~

On Tour with Massive Attack—The Show Must Go On
By Robb Allan on July 25, 2014
This is my first Massive show in eight years. I’m a little nervous, and as the show starts with “Battlebox”, the hairs rise on the back of my neck and the 20,000 members of the crowd scream their encouragement...Read more

~~~~~

On Tour with Massive Attack—Production Rehearsals
By Robb Allan on July 11, 2014
The plan is to spend three days in the Massive Attack studio working on arrangements and ideas followed by five days of production rehearsals in the Bristol O2 Academy to get the show programmed. Let’s get started...Read more

~~~~~

Avid Customer Association: dock10 Supports the Creative Process Through Technology Choices and Industry Collaboration
By Keli Callaghan on July 4, 2014
With Avid Connect Europe 2014 coming soon, we profile Paul Clennell, CTO at dock10, and one of the leaders on the Service & Delivery Advisory Council of the Avid Customer Association...Read more

~~~~~

Over 160 Improvements Now Available Free to Sibelius 7.5 Customers with Latest Update
By Sam Butler on July 3, 2014
The Sibelius team are pleased to announce the release of Sibelius 7.5.1. This milestone update fixes important issues and improves performance and stability. See what’s new...Read more

~~~~~

Unlock Powerful Pro Mixing Workflows with Pro Tools | S6 Software Update 1.2
By Tom Graham on July 2, 2014
There have been several S6 software updates, but none more anticipated than 1.2. This update unlocks the powerful workflows that many mixers have been asking for and looking forward to. See what’s new...Read more

~~~~~~~
Bruce Paine
Community Administrator
Avid Pro Audio Community