View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Default Re: No new Avid guitar products ar NAMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singtall View Post
honestly, even if they ain't doing nothing more with it....what else can touch it for the money? i haven't heard anything besides the Kemper or Axe-fx that is close. the reality is that we can complain all we want, but the eleven rack works and sounds great....even without another update. they could continue to milk the cow and develop more expansion packs and updates (for a fee), but should they? from a pure money making standpoint, if they didn't make bank like they wanted or expected to on the last update, they have no real incentive to produce more. from a pure business standpoint; when you have something that works well, why mess with it? if you can't make any more money on it, then you can't spare any money to dump into development. that's just life. many people have whined and cried and demanded more from Avid, but what good has it gotten them? nothing. i've heard people say they are selling the eleven rack in favor of one of the big boy processors because they aren't getting the support they would expect from an Axe-fx purchase. Avid probably says "good ridence" to them. you can't make some people happy, no matter what you do. I say "make more music and let Avid surprise you with an update"....if it ever comes.
I agree to this as well. But.....
But I sure could use a STAND ALONE EDITOR. That shouldn't be to much to ask for after all this time IMO.