View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:43 PM

Default Re: A Game Changer!!-Pro Tools AS a Rewire Slave-with RME TotalMix!! &collectively64b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diccer View Post
bashville
The great thing here (as you can see) is that you don't need ANY external cables, No external midi cables. Its all virtual and low latency.
The file thing is a tradeoff. But just save both daw sessions to one folder and keep the aliases next to one another so launching your setup is faster.

I also think of this as a CLEAN way to get all of your favorite audio into your favorite daw that otherwise wouldn't be accessible (at least conveniently)

Then after recording, if your daw is Pro Tools, you can change you audio device back to the core card and Mix down from there with tighter control over everything..
Hey Diccer

I've been looking for this kind of solution to connect Ableton to Pro Tools for sounddesigning to picture.
So i could send my edits in PT through aux-tracks to my Ableton efx-chains via the TotalMix software of RME back into PT?
And i can use the ADAT channels as virtual cables, so taking as example a Babyface Pro (with 8 ins and 8 outs ADAT) i could have 16 virtual mono channels available?

Nicolas
Pro Tools 2022.9