View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 AM

Default Re: 003 install not working

I noticed some threads where people were having issues installing it with IE7... so I'm trying to backrev that as we speak. It's easier said than done, considering you have to remove SP3 before you can remove IE7.

I'm STILL unable to get Windows to find a driver for the Eleven Rack after removing IE7.

I am amazed that nowhere on the web (ANYWHERE) is there simply just a .sys file that I can download.. register and point to in order to get the 11R working as a Pro Tools interface.

The inefficiency of the documentation is comical... the lack of any consistency on the forums is absolutely ridiculous.. and at this point I'm spending more time venting on a thread than I am mixing.. because this stupid POS simply doesn't work.

So to recap...

I have a fully qualified system based on the Avid website... using fully qualified components based on the Avid website.

I've upgraded to 8.0.5.. which is supposedly "stable".

I can get my PTLE to see my 003.. but it swaps intermittently between a BSOD and the Creating DAE Objects freeze (keep in mind..all other connected hardware works. I can connect an M Audio Keystation Pro.. no problem. I can connect my MOTU device fine. I can even get my Alesis DM10 to connect via USB. My camera and several fireware hard drives all work without incident.)

I can't get Windows to recognize my Eleven Rack as a device... but it won't install the driver.. despite upgrading to 8.0.5 and using the ridiculous 1.0.8 updater.... it won't be seen. You would think that this common denominator is my system... however EVERYTHING but digi gear works flawlessly.

for giggles.. I've reimaged a harddrive with both Windows 7, XP SP3, XP SP2 AND Vista.. and it fails to work under any condition. I've attempted to do this using the qualified SIIG card (which is only valid for the Digi003.. because the 11R is a USB device.) I've removed every device but Keyboard Mouse, Monitor and Digi Device...I've even swapped out my USB mouse for a P2 mouse... just to make sure absolutely nothing else was on the USB bus.

no change.

I decided to try it on my antiquated xw8000 (which is also running fine.) Same problem.

I would absolutely love to see an explanation for this....

There is a significant lack of documentation, lack of adherence to what would be considered industry best practices (GIVE ME A FREAKIN' DRIVER PLEASE!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT THESE OBFUSCATED INSTALLERS), etc. so on and so forth.