View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Artist series spill master faders or VCAs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
I've never used PT or command8, and I don't know what "spill" means in this context.

However, I just wanted to check you're aware of the Artist series Layout function, which lets you assign any physical fader to any channel or software fader you like. Additionally multiple layouts can be defined, and are saved with the current song. Switching between layouts is quick and easy, particularly with the function keys on the Artist Transport.
Chris, now that you work for Avid, I think you would do well to familiarize yourself.

Spill refers to the act of pressing a button and all of your faders of a certain type (In my case, masters and VCAs) automatically and dynamically populate the available faders on your control surfaces. that's all. The Command 8 did this with aplomb. I had spoken to Luke Smith when he worked there about making this happen and I believe it never quite did, though there are some other sort of similar features involving showing of groups. Not the same thing. If I create a new master fader, I don't want to go into Eucontrol to assign it. That's why the word "dynamically" is so important here.