View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We sold our Icon 32ES a while ago and all I can say is the FADERS were way better on the Pro Control and the Matrix was AWESOME so no, I dont think the ICON controllers are that much better than the ProControl...
I rarely disagree with you, your points about faders is fair, that being said, I personally feel that the D-Command smokes the procontrol all day and night in so many ways. I feel the same way about it compared to the C-24 and the S-3.

IMHO, the only thing out there today to beat it is the S-6.

I also think that the Slate Raven MTI2 is freaking awesome! I'd take it over an S-3 any day!

After all of this, even though I've moved away from the ProControl, I will continue to have a voice of reason, and argue that Avid had a choice to continue to allow these units to work or not, and chose not to. That being said, they still have that choice option on the table, they can simply do the right thing, make the necessary adjustments to the coding in ProTools, and poof, the pro control and the control 24 all the sudden start working again.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp