View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Avid

Default Re: Intermittent midi sync fault

Unfortunately the current Tech Support Plug-in version generator does not work on Leopard. If you can provide me an email address, or let me know if the one in your profile is OK to use, I can email you the latest beta of the newer version.

Quote:
Where do I find updates for the other Digidesigns bundled plugins?
On the main Digi site, click on Products, then choose Plug-Ins from the drop-down list.

Actually - hold the presses. I see the problem:

Quote:
Uninstalled Pro Tools, re installed Pro Tools 7.4
You should not install ANY other version of Pro Tools prior to 7.4.2. Doing so will cause problems. Do a clean uninstall of both 7.4.2 and 7.4, then restart and reinstall ONLY 7.4.2.

You can uninstall Pro Tools a couple different ways:

1. Run the installer for the version of Pro Tools you're trying to uninstall - when you get to the Custom Install page, click on Custom Install and select 'Uninstall'. When you continue with the uninstall, it will give you the option for 'Clean' or 'Safe' - choose 'clean'.
2. In your Pro Tools Utilities folder you may have a Pro Tools Uninstaller - double click and follow on-screen instructions. Again, you'll be given the choice of clean or safe uninstalls.
3. On most Pro Tools install CD's or DVD's there will be an Uninstall utility - same steps as in #2.