View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:23 PM

Default iPad Pro, Pro Tools Dock, ethernet connectivity issue?

Page two of the Pro Tools | Dock guide describes using the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter + USB 2 Ethernet adapter to establish a hard wired connection between the ipad and the host computer.

This configuration does not work with my model MQDT2LL/A 10 1/2" iPad Pro. The iPad recognizes the camera adapter but does not show connection to ethernet. What's odd is that both my iPhone X and a smaller iPad, model MP21F2LL/A, both connect to ethernet through the same connection that does not work with the iPad Pro. Both iPads are recent models running the latest IOS.

Apple phone support had no answer and gave up, telling me to factory reset the iPad or go to the "Genius Bar". Well, that went as expected, only worse. I was told that the configuration is not supported by Apple. I demonstrated how that dongle set lit up my iPhone and the other iPad with an Ethernet port before her very eyes. She simply said, "That's not supposed to happen, it's not supported". Good luck.

Avid tech support was diligent and worked hard but gave up and said they'd kick it upstairs and get back to me.

This does not appear to be a Pro Tools problem and the manual says it works. I admit I haven't tried the factory reset yet.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Richard Beggs
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Last edited by rbeggs; 11-09-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Duplicate in wrong forum