View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Duplicate tracks without duplicating I/O?

If you are constantly duplicating tracks, I think you might consider a change to your work flow. Build session templates that have all the tracks you normally need so you are not duplicating all the time(for the exact reason you are talking about). Maybe if you can explain more about your end goal, someone might have more suggestions.

As for using Track Presets, you are not limited to calling up 1 preset and then duplicating to get more. You could create 10 of the same Track Preset(really any number) and use the modifier keys so that they cascade input or outputs(sorry I can't remember where I saw this, but I have seen it in action)

Another option is to create blank tracks, cascade the IO and then employ the Track Presets by using the Insert>Track Preset(which should not change the IO).

BTW, a "track preset" can actually be a batch of tracks(example, I have a Track Preset for Drums and it includes 14 audio tracks, 3 stereo AUX tracks and a VCA master. I go to the New Track menu and call that single preset and I get my entire drum setup(which also includes all my usual plugins, color coding and headphone mixes all ready to go). Of course, you can't use the Insert>Track Preset for this as that method is on a per-track basis)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave