View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and Behringer FCB1010

I use the FCB1010 without ordering a eureka or uno prom etc. Just follow the steps on the behringer website about how to program it to switch presets. The 11rack has letters and numbers in the preset names which confuses things so I kind of did things in reverse.
What I mean is, program pedal 1 to activate (for example) patch 20. set pedal 2 to patch 21 etc. make sure the midi out of the fcb1010 goes to the midi in on the 11 rack and vice versa with the other lead. At this point we don't know what patch '20' is going to mean on the 11 rack until we hit the pedal and we see which patch on the 11r gets chosen.
Now, test it to see that it is switching patches. (both units must have the same midi channel though (I used ch 1).
now go to the 11 rack and choose the patch that you want for pedal 1 and save a copy of it it (on the 11 rack) in the same patch location as what is already linked to the fcb1010. So if pedal 1 chooses 'a3' on the 11r for example then you save it there. In my case, I found a nice clean patch and saved it to pedal 1.
I then wanted a dirty rhythm sound for pedal 2 so i pressed pedal 2, noted which patch got called (let's pretend it's 'a4'). Now look for a suitable patch on the 11R and save a copy by hitting 'save' then turn the 'scroll' wheel to 'a4' and hit 'save' again.
Then I wanted a solo channel for pedal 3 which was similar to the rhytm sound but with delay so I saved the same patch but then added delay and resaved it. I did the same for pedal 4 but added a 'wah'. This meant that I didn't have to carry out complex programming to turn 'delay' or 'wah' on and off, I just use separate patches that do or don't house them.
I know the more efficient way is to just type in the correct patch number but I wasn't aware how to do it and didn't want to waste time trying to work out a formula.
You'll also need to calibrate the wah by following the advice on the behringer site to choose the wah and set (in my choice) the up positio to 1 and the down to 127 ( for min to max) and to link it to the 'wah' on the 11R use the number '4' as the 11R manual tells you. I hope that helps someone!