View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 12:57 PM

Default Diret Monitor - M-Audio Ultra

I’m having a problem with Direct Monitoring on an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB. The two-input Fast Track has a direct Monitor button right on it. Mine is the 6 input Ultra without the button. It looks like Direct Monitoring is supposed to be controlled by Cubase. In Cubase LE 8’s Devices/Device Setup/M-Audio page there’s a Direct Monitor check-box. If it’s checked, there’s no difference when I click on the tracks monitor button. If it’s un-checked, the sound changes a little when I click the Monitor button, so I know I’m hearing it off the track, but I can still hear the original signal. I’ve used both front and rear channel inputs. When I’m in Cubase, I can hear the guitar whether I’ve selected a track or not. When I un-click the Monitor button on the Audio channel, I shouldn't hear anything at all. I have a Fast Track installation on an XP machine I used to use that shows the Panel Version is 1.0.0.6, which looks like the one in the manual and has the Direct Monitor option on a Settings tab. The panel that came with the final update, 6.1.10 on this Win7 machine is slicker looking and laid out differently but is missing this setting. It doesn’t seem like a feature they’d get rid of.
I’ve tried an earlier version of software with the same results.