View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Source Elements Live: Limitations?

...and the results of the test are.... pretty good but it was a helluva fight getting to that point. That was 95% problems at the client end as it turned out, mostly an inexplicable local issue between his PC and the router - while all his other devices were streaming 100mbps download, the PC was 1mbps, despite up to date drivers, the right network and all the right settings. Anyway, that's for him to sort out, and this is what test days are for. We got it successfully working on his old Macbook Pro, using a separate mic and his good speakers. Echoes were minimal, and easily livable with, especially using push to talk his end. Latency was incredible - as good a mobile phone or better I'd say. He was very happy with picture and sound quality - we used a James Newton Howard track to test for funnies and he said it sounded excellent. If he never sorts his PC out, he's more than happy to use this alternative.

I am still occasionally getting this nasty fault mode though, about which I've sent SessionLinkPro an email. I'm pretty sure it slipped into it a couple of times without either of us disconnecting and reconnecting. It is fixed by me leaving, fiddling with the session and rejoining. An irritant, but not a showstopper.

But on the basis of this test, the client is enthusiastically recommending we use it for real, from Episode One onwards. So yes... it appears the future is in fact here.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM