View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Satellite and Video LE Link. Will this work?

Hi, and more thanks for your quick responses Bob.

If I understand the PDF correctly, let's say I have 3 faderpacks on the D|Control. I could switch the whole D|Control (64 faders) to any of the satellite systems, with full functionality. Also, if I configured each satellite system to just respond to a single faderpack during dubbing, each editor could sit in the dubbing theatre and control their suite's PTHD system with his/her own faderpack and they could all make changes to their PTHD systems simulteneously. Is that correct or would you have to declare the whole D|Control to each suite? If both of these modes are possible, would it also be possible to set the system up so that the D|Control could switch between the two different methods/modes? In other words, during dubbing, could I have all 64 faders controlling a satellite (or the dubbing theatre) system and then switch back to the D|Control's faderpacks each controlling a different satellite? My guess is that this wouldn't be possible as it would require two different settings in each of the suites PTHD systems?

I notice you've steered well away from question 4. :) I take it that in your opinion the only way to make the system work smoothly and flexibly would be to have a separate TC6000 in each suite?

Thanks, Greg