View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Multiple iLok Cloud Sessions

There's nothing wrong with the term as it is a "cloud authorized session". I feel the iLok Cloud feature was armed at those single end users such as myself who go back and forth from the main computer to a laptop and would rarely(if ever) need two or more licenses to run at the same time. I love the cloud feature especially that it came at a time when I was thinking about buying a second license to make things easy for me when I was on the go. I'm still hoping and waiting for those plugin manufacturers to jump onboard if they don't offer dual plugin authorizations.

In your case, maybe the fix from Avid or iLok could be:
"Protool iLok Cloud session 1 of 35", "Protools iLok Cloud session 2 of 35", etc.

Not sure how easy the feature could be added or if it had already been tested and strapped due to problems.

I do have one recent problem with the iLok could feature though. On Ultimate 2018.12(iLok Manager 5.0 mac) if I have a Protools iLok Cloud session running on computer 1 and I start Protools iLok Cloud on computer 2, I will get the "Protools has unexpectedly quit" crash on computer 1. I just have to remember to log off and not have sessions opened on my other computer. It use to give you the option to save the session you already had opened but now it just crashes.