View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Eleven rack- random control shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Benoni’s Suggestion of trying Latch mode might help reduce problems but it’s not a fix if you have something broken here.

It sounds like you are far into diagnosing a suspect hardware problem. Remember to always check power supply performance at all the daughter boards. If cleaning the pins made it seem better try to check you are not chasing phantoms like a component overheating and just letting it cool while you cleaned the contacts made a difference. If you really want to play you should be able to trace the circuit from the encoders and do some debugging with a logic probe and starting to see where apparent encoder changes are introduced (I love troubleshooting electronics ). Of course it’s just easier to ditch it and buy another used one.

Thanks Darryl. I'm going to take a 'scope to the thing and have a look at the power supplies this weekend (who knows, it might be supply noise) I did try Beroni's idea of latching the controls, but it makes no difference. That indicates to me something fundamental than just noise on the encoders.

I think it may be heading for the parts bin, but I'll work with it a little more. Sweetwater are sending new ones out the door for $299 right now.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ro-tools-first