View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Digi MIDI i/o Duplicated and greyed in Audio/Midi setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat View Post
Thank you Ghostnotes! I had the same problem with my MOTU XT MIDI interface. I kept getting multiple instances of the interface in the MIDI setup in Pro Tools 10 everytime I opened the program. And the MIDI assignments on the tracks were greyed out and needed to be re-selected. Once I moved the MOTU MIDI driver(and I moved the Digi MIDI too) from the MAC HD library folder to the user library folder, it all seems to work now! No more multiple copies of the MIDI interface in the MIDI setup, and now I even get the actual names of the MIDI devices in the drop down list on the tracks(before it was just generic XTExpress1, XTExpress2, etc). After rebooting and restarting PRO Tools, MIDI track assignments are still remembered, and still only one instance of the MOTU Express. Thanks again, saved me a lot of headache!
well, guys i think ill have to try that.... do ya think it will work with the MIDI IO? ive been launching audiomidi setup every time i use the daw, THATS a pita!

Mac Pro:
PT 11.3.2 HD native, MIDI IO, 96IO
Mac Pro Desktop 4,1 osx 10.11.6., 8 Core 2.26GHz 2009 Intel Xeon MB535LL/A 16GB RAM 640GB HD ATI 4870
-----
MBP:
OS 10.11.6, MacBookPro 5,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed:1.07 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06, SMC Version (system):1.33f8