View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Heat on a 'freeze track'

Hi all,

Every time I see a thread about Heat not being available on Instrument or Aux tracks (and since you're always on them Midnight : relax everyone, we know each other in the real world), I keep meaning to drop in and ask a question.

I'm still rocking PT 10.3.10 coz I ain't retiring my TDM systems anytime soon. Way back in the day when Heat first came out, I hit the same snag, as at that time I was running my Synth VI's on Aux tracks with separate MIDI tracks feeding them (ie: Verse part, Chorus part, M8 part all on individual MIDI tracks for ease of arranging and editing). I never liked Instrument tracks at all for that reason.

I quickly discovered that I could stick my VI's on ordinary Audio tracks (mono or stereo) and with Heat all set to "post", it worked as expected. Never looked back, and smugly rolled my eyes everytime I saw one of these threads (Midnight can slap me in person for being a jackass like that later).

Does this still work the same with all the later versions of PT??

Cheers.

Steve