View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Creating new Memory Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiosus View Post
hi there,

i guess it's just not ment to be used that way. for some guys it's useful, when the locations in protoolscontrol update the same way as they do in the memory location window.

but you could try this and build your own softkeys based on keycommands. memory location have their own id number that doesn't update when you create new ones. the first you create is number one, second number two and so on. you would need to create your selction and show/hide locations first, so that they are always location 1-16 or whatever number you need. you can also change the id number for locations, just the number has to be unused.
then you can recall them by typing . number . on you numberpad. for your location/selction 1 you type .1.
then you can create your softkey in protoolscontrol that does that keycommand for you. (or you just recall them by the number pad. it's also pretty fast, once your used to..)

the only thing thats a bit unconvenient is that you have to create your 16 or whatever selections first, or you will have to change your number id's for other locations with numbers under your 16 or whatever. you also could go for very high number, you normally would not use in your location. but then you would need to set the id's in each of your selections manually.
Hi studiosus,
seems to be a way to get in that direction, but with some stupid limitations. First off all I donīt understand the reason, why EuCon does not provide selecting the ids of the memory locs. I know about the possibility of doing it with the num pad. But as I have really a lot, and changing amounts and reasons from session to session, I canīt remember them all the way.
Doing it, as you suggested, in EuCon, itīs a way to go, but only for the first 9 digits. Itīs not possible to go further (in EuCon the key commands only understand single figure numbers???) and thatīs not enough for my claims.
Next point is, that you can't use the EDIT MEMORY LOC function in PT Control. Always you have a change in a single track layout you have to go back to do it with your mouse and shortcuts. That is quite easy done with the ipad, but does not function with your workaround.
So for me the question is as written above, why does EuCon not work with the MemLoc Ids?
And I guess this one goes to Eddy.
Cheers,
Stefan