View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Default Import Audio greyed-out search results.

I've recently upgraded to Pro Tools 12.5. I'm running a Mac Pro 5,1 (mid 2012) 2 x 2.66 with El Capitan 10.11.4 and an Mbox Pro (3rd gen).

I keep all my sound libraries in a folder on one particular internal drive. I have never before experienced any issues with the Import Audio window, but something baffling (and workflow-killing) has started happening lately. If I search for audio using the Spotlight-style search function in the Import Audio window, it will present relevant results, but they will nearly always be greyed out, to the extent that I can't even click on individual audio files to see their drive paths. If I search for the same files in Finder, identify their paths, and then directly locate those same files in the Import Audio window rather than search for them, I can find and import whatever I choose without issue.

I say that they are nearly always greyed out, as some files from within that same folder will be accessible as usual via search, and I'm not at all certain what distinguishes "okay" files from greyed ones. At least 95% of audio files will be greyed out, however. Furthermore, if I search for keywords that return search results for identical files that are both in the "official" sound library folder and in my current session, all files that are not on the library drive are accessible, yet the library files remain greyed out.

Drive permissions are all set to Record, and as I say, I've been using this exact same setup for years without issues. This just started happening.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.