View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Upgrade path too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst View Post
So my PT11 now won't import audio in High Sierra.
I don't do much work these days, just a hobby user and maybe used PT a few times last year. I'm not paying $300 to upgrade or going on a monthly subscription. I don't need any new features, PT11 was grand.
Now, if avid did a $99 upgrade fee I'd consider that every few years, instead I'm changing daw after 16 years.
Instead of using the menu item to import audio use drag and drop to an audio track from Finder - works for me with PT11.3.2 and Sierra OSX 10.12.6

The bigger question is why are you using High Sierra and how did you get it on your system? Did you do it the 'Apple Way' and just install it over whatever OSX was on the computer? I ask because I don't think you can even install PT11 on HS without mucking about in the installer.

The reason I'm running my system the way I am is because there were some plugins I wanted that needed higher than OSX 10.10.5. I researched the daylights out of it before going to Sierra; the only consistent one I found (for the way I work) was the import audio business and doing it via the menu item didn't work but drag & drop from Finder did.

QAPLA!