View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT8 constant -6101 cpu issue - HELP!

I think I may have a lead on possible causes for this error.

Have any of you been removing any of the Mbox 2 or Eleven Rack preference panes, which are installed by default, from your system?

If so - that will cause this error. What's happening is the launch daemon is looking for that preference pane and not finding it, so it will continually be relaunching and using up CPU time. Also it will be writing to the system log file and taking up addition CPU time.

If you encounter a 6101, immediate launch Activity Monitor and look at which processes are taking up the most CPU - do you see 'syslog' in there?

Also, you can launch the Console app and click on the 'Show Log List' in the upper left (unless the log list is already shown). Look for the system.log (under Files) in the left panel and click on it - you may see it continually writing to the log with info about trying to find one of the missing preference panes.

To resolve this issue - if you don't want the preference panes, besides removing the pane, you need to remove the Launch Daemon for the preference pane, located at:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.digidesign.xxx.helper.plist (where 'xxx' is the devices preference pane you want removed - for instance 'elevenrack')

If you see other info in Console or Activity Monitor other than what I'm describing, please let me know!