View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Re: NEW - Focusrite RED 8 Pre ..., wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
I demoed the Red 4Pre and Ensemble when the Red came out. Loved so much about the Red but went with the Ensemble. Big reason for me was that Red is not sample accurate with PT HDX. Converters are slower than AVID and so the audio is placed on the timeline incorrectly. It also has a weird I/O setup they say they are finally going to fix that makes i/o inserts matched pairs almost not available. see this thread starting on page 2... https://www.gearslutz.com/board/prod...d-4-pre-2.html

Since it could not be an HDX and Native one for me (I SO wished it would)... I tried the Apogee one out as a dedicated native i/o. It just works and sounds great. The driver has been very solid and I use it almost exclusively in Logic or S1 at 96kHz 32buffer. Preamps are great (though I rarely use them).

Feature wise the Focusrite one is killer. If I were a Dante guy it would definitely win. The HDX part is useabe for sure but if that would have been sample accurate - I would have kept it. It is one of the prettiest interfaces i ever had in house

Yes, I was ready to buy a red 4 when I read that thread on gs. Pretty disappointing considering the relationship Avid has had with Focusrite! I will just stick with Avid interfaces now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HerronSFX Instagram