View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Default Multiple MBox Pro Instances/Icons in Audio MIDI Setup -> MIDI Studio

I just (finally) upgraded to Pro Tools 10.3.2 yesterday PM and noticed when I launched Audio MIDI Setup - having not utilizing the MIDI component of MBox Pro since upgrading to Mountain Lion - that in the 'MIDI Studio' window I had many - at least over 50 (!) instances of a grayed-out 'Mbox Pro' in there, along with one blue aka 'active' one. This is problematic as in Reason, Kontakt, etc. there are thereby multiple instances (ports) of MBox External/Control available when it comes to determining MIDI I/O, and the only way to remedy is to go in and delete the grayed-out instances of MBox Pro, leaving the sole 'active' one.

Further, every time I either wake my Mac Pro from sleep, reboot, or select 'Rescan MIDI' in 'MIDI Studio', another grayed-out, inactive instance of 'MBox Pro' appears that needs to be deleted in order for me to effectively utilize MIDI either in Pro Tools and/or w/Reason, Kontakt, Sibelius, etc.

I'm utilizing the latest MBox Pro driver & firmware (1.1.2 w/1.0.3 firmware). Any advice/hints? In advance, grazie!!