View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 04:52 AM

Default Re: 3 displays on Mac Pro 6,1 D300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Your MBP is newer than your ”fancy new MP” just a FYI and we have the same Mac Pro’s and they aren’t new anymore. 6 years and counting
Yes....... I know... I know... what I meant was 'new to me'. My Mac Pro was an "upgrade" to me in every other way. It was admittedly naive of me to imagine that just because my Mac Pro cost £3,000 more than a Macbook Pro when new it would support three displays out of the box. I know better now and was merely hoping that another 6,1 user could show me the most cost-effective way of doing this i.e do I need to put an active dual-link adapter on one of the DVI displays, or both of them, or is there another work-around.

I know a lot people round here think the 6,1 is some kind of dinosaur but from my chair it's a Pro Tools rocket-ship and I love it. It cost me £2,000 second hand and was money well spent. I've checked and it out-performs the 5,1 12 core 64GB machine at the studio despite the latter having faster processors.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike

Last edited by justinhill; 05-18-2019 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo