View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Default Any MB with 1155 socket that can support original PCI HD cards?

Hi guys,

I have another MB thread but wanted to start a new one specifically about boards using the 1155 socket and associated chip sets. I got some great suggestions in the other thread for 1156 and older socket MB but they are hard to find or discontinued.

Has anyone made a system that uses an 1155 socket CPU that can support the ORIGINAL PCI HD cards? My HD core and process cards are 8 years old. It seems in the other thread that the difficulty is finding a MB that supports native PCI boards correctly and doesn't use a PCIe - PCI bridge which the original HD PCI boards won't be recognized on even though technically they fit. I might be misunderstanding but that was what I got.

So Third Eye Studios seems to have a nice solution but it's an older MB and is harder to find.

RonTally and Ray Campbell used a Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 board with great success but it is discontinued and I can't find a major online retailer that will sell one.

What would you guys do? Go with Third Eye's build even though it's older? Try to find a MB that works with an 1155 socket etc...? I cannot afford to be the guinea pig on this one and want to copy someone else's build this time.

My goal is to end up with PT 9 and Win 7 running my original HD core and process cards (PCI).

Thanks for all the help in advance,
David