View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Default HD Native Card Possibly Fried My Graphics Card

Duuuuuuuuuuuuudes,

Some of you may have read my other two posts about updating to PT 9.0.5. Well, I noticed in the PT 9.0.4 update .pdf a mention of installing the Native Card in Slot 3 or 4, not Slot 2 of a Mac "Woodcrest", or "Clovertown" Mac.

I said, Huh!!! I thought I had a Mac Mac? So I figured out that those were the first Intel Mac processors and then I also realized that's what I'm rocking.
Since installing the HD Card in my Mac, I noticed my screen would go black then come back on. Now, my people, I'm a busy dude. Lots of stuff on my mind. I did not equate the two at the time.

Now my computer won't display through the old display. I have two. Tried both in both ports. No dice.

I can't be certain, and I will let you know after I get my computer back from repair, but I THINK MY HD NATIVE CARD FRIED MY GRAPHICS CARD!!!!!!!!

Too bad PT 9.0.4 wasn't a critical update!!!! Then again, I probably would have been like, WTF is a Woodcrest or Clovertown Mac and got back to working on a computer with a display that goes black intermittently.

This is the cost of doing business, and I blame it on Mac really. But, I had an HD Accel Core card in the same slot for two years and did not have this problem. So, YES, MY HD NATIVE CARD FRIED MY GRAPHICS CARD!!!!!!