View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 06:43 AM

Default Re: reinstall drivers for Pt 10.3.6 mac HELP!

Heres an order of what happens upon restarting my mac and trying to load protools.
Restart mac turn on 96io (i have tried the 192io with different cable. Same reponse) (primary port connected to accel card in 1st slot i dont need to add the spdif cable in this situation do i?)
Open protools
Pro tools hd10 load page opens
And it sticks at "Initializing hardware(DSI)" and wont load any further.
I have to force quit protools after 5 min wait
I search and find digitest. Click to open. All i get is "digitest in upper left corer of finder. I open digitest pulldown menu Services, Hide Digitest, Hide others, Quit Digitest. My only options.
I then click on pro tools app icon and protools runs through loading, checks pugins and etc.
Im then brought to the quick start menu given the option to start a new session, guitar tracking, bit depth and etc. At this point i have loaded up a mixig sesssion off another drive. Since thats my current job.i am then asked if id like to use the saved dsp blah blah or current setup protools agregate. It will only allow it to open if i click pro tools agregate Session opens i see all wave forms pro tools will play but only out of mac speaker try to reset hardware and i/os offers protools agregate which it is curently set at, the HD hw pci.option will not allow me to choose it and it says it has 0 ins and 0 outs. Try opening the i_o setup but no options appear for my converters. For the first time something weird happens in the io setup box at the upper left above "name" for the channels and below input for the io setup a little box appeard that said last used setup or something like that i clicked it and the 192 and 96io appeared instead of the protools agregate where the i/os are labeled and setup i think it was a one time glitch cause when i clicked ok it disapeared and it hasnt returned. Ive tried importing the i/o's from previous sessions and stil just protools agregate and the converter icons will not reappear.
How do i get my mac to load up my converters in the i/o and hardware setup section seems like that would solve my problem?