View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Lightbridge Discontinued!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
MADI stuff is a factor of 5-10 more expensive. I can't get into that league. But thanks.

I thought 2GB of RAM was the max in this generation of MacBookPro's. But I guess I can check. Thanks for the input.
I used to have a link kicking around that listed exactly what every generation's max was (beyond what Apple claimed). I don't have it handy, because I haven't imported my bookmarks yet from my last reformat.

Out of curiosity, I could probably recall if you can give me the exact model of your Macbook.

If you click on the Apple logo in the top left corner... then About This Mac > More Info... the very first thing you should see is hardware overview. The Model Identifier is all I need. For example: "MacbookPro3,1"

I don't think any model of Macbook Pro was ever capped at 2GB. Apple spec usually said 4GB max, but I found out about 8 months ago that a lot of the older generation Macbook Pros will actually cap out at 6GB, and some of them 8GB. Can be a bit experimental with the 6GB, because you have to use a 2GB and a 4GB DIMM, but mine does it with no issues whatsoever.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515