View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Eddie when are we going to get an update for the dock?

I'm talking about the features of the dock, not Pro Tools. Let's not get into a conversation about PT new features and being years behind competitors in terms of updates, that's been talked about every day for years....and these updates are not free. That couldn't be further from the truth. Unlike all of it's competitors, to use Pro tools we now have to pay £500 a year for updates. How is that free!?

I really don't know what these new features for the dock are? I haven't seen any. I still have to turn mine on/off 2 or 3 times and restart eucon endlessly to even get the thing to connect

Back in October avid said 'The update also includes automation feedback improvements on the OLED, which make the Rec LED indicate Write mode and writing when flashing.' It's March and this is supposed to be the main feature of a new dock update?

This thing has such potential and it's not getting close to realising that. Where ever I go in the world of post production, these things sit there redundant, because the workflow is too long winded. Besides the faders they are barely touched. Instead every mixer use the mouse. Such a shame