View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Can you comp midi?

Oh yes, I also can't wait for PT to playlist midi like it does with audio Meanwhile, you CAN do it...sort of, depending on what you are doing with the midi. Say for instance, you are using a VI plugin(let's use MiniGrand for an example). Put up an instrument track with the plugin, and a few midi tracks, select to show CLIPS and record a pass(on the instrument track). Once its reached the end, drag that midi to one of the midi tracks. Now do another pass on the instrument track. Each time you finish a pass(with stuff worth saving) just drag the midi OFF the instrument track and ONTO one of the midi tracks. Once you finish recording(and ALL the midi info has been moved to midi tracks), switch to notes view, and assign all the midi tracks to the MiniGrand plugin and unmute midi tracks(one at a time) to hear how they sound. When you find parts that are "keepers", copy them back to the instrument track(highlight the midi on the midi track>copy>use the P & ; keys to move to the instrument track>paste. When you finish "comping", kill all the midi tracks and the instrument track should play with all your desired parts. Get creative with HOW you work, you you may find it easier to be musically "creative" within the boundaries of PT

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave