View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Default Digi Pre post-PT10?

Since it doesn't appear in the "to be discontinued" list of blue interfaces, is it safe to assume that the original blue-face Digi Pre will still work in PT11 and beyond? It's a little confusing because first some general language is used that says "all legacy interfaces" will lose support after PT10, but then the Pre isn't listed. I'm working with a client to trade / sell his old gear and want to make sure it's ok to keep the Pre around and that it will still be supported once PT goes 64 bit etc. From the PT10 FAQ:

Quote:
Pro Tools 10 will be the final full version release to support Pro Tools|HD (TDM) hardware and legacy "Digidesign" audio interfaces.
and then:

Quote:
Pro Tools 10 will be the final supported feature release for legacy Digidesign interfaces and controllers, including:

192 I/O, 192 Digital I/O, 96 I/O, 96i I/O, SYNC (original "blue"), SYNC HD (original "blue"), MIDI I/O, 003 family, Mbox 2 family, Control|24, Command|8, Pro Control
So the Pre is safe right? I'm guessing / hoping because it doesn't directly connect to the HD/HDX cards it kind of acts more like a 3rd party Mic Pre than a Digi interface and thus won't be affected by the upcoming changes to 64 bit, but can anyone confirm?