View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstail View Post
Helpful Thanks.
I have Pro Tools 8.0.4 right now. Suppose it is easy enough to go to 8.0.5 but have not had any problems with my version so never bothered.

I know I could upgrade to 10 with the Eleven Rack but not sure what the learning curve is on making that move

I am very used to 8 LE and don't have time to spend learning new systems right now. I am using my home system for writing, pre-production stuff like time maps, instrumentation, etc. before I go into a full studio to record. I am in that phase right now and thought the rack would give me more guitar sounds to play with before I start recording next month.

I only want it for the studio not live, as that is covered so need it to interface with ProTools easily.

I have a Digidesign 003 board in the home studio. If the Rack will work can't I just plug it into that?

So if I am reading you all correctly, the Eleven Rack should work with my system? Without upgrading to 10?
There is no need to upgrade to 10, if want to be a technology laggard on 8.x just stay there

So you are going to run the Eleven Rack as an outboard processor on the 003. Very simple to do it you think about it or follow the instructions in the Eleven Rack user guide. First just get it working at all stand alone, and once you are used to its basic operation hookup to up to the 003 (ideally via S/PDIF if that is unused in the 003) as described in the manual. You don't need to mess with GUI plugins at all, and when used as a dumb outboard processor will work fine with any version of Pro Tools, since Pro Tools is not aware of, or talk to the Eleven Rack .