View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Sharing ProTools audio over Zoom on Windows

Voicemeeter has virtual audio cables that can accomplish what you want to do.

Another alternative is an interface with Loopback.

Personally, while I have Loopback capability with TotalMix from RME (I have a UFX), I went with physical cabling:

Onboard soundcard mini stereo out to ¼ jacks into Input 3/4 and a PT stereo track with Input 3/4, set to Input.

Mic comes in to Input 1 and Mono track in PT with Input 1.

Pre Fader Send from the PT track with the mic signal and any other track I want to send to my browser (Zoom is a browser based two way audio app) going to Output 5 and to Output 5 on my interface.

¼ jack cable from output 5 on my Interface to Line In on my onboard soundcard.

In Control Panel>Sound>Recording Tab the Line In is designated as Default (there are some other settings, too detailed for this).

My browser, Microsoft's Edge Chromium, uses the onboard soundcard and all monitoring is done through Pro Tools.

The great thing is, no matter how you accomplish the signal routing from and to your browser into and out of Pro Tools, that routing is good for any of the browser based two way audio apps, like Zoom, Zencastr, Skype, Source-Connect Now or Cleanfeed to name a few. Just make a Template in Pro Tools with the routing done there and you're good to go.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction