View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Recording Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjazz View Post
Hi

I have a session that I recorded in Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. It was done on a dual core PC running Windows 7. I used an M-Audio Profire 2626 interface.

Recently, I upgraded my hardware to a quad core PC running Windows 7 and still using the Profire as my interface. I upgraded to Pro Tools 11.3.1. Everything recorded in the previous version sounds fine during playback, But when I record a new track, it's out of sync with the rest of the track. All tracks are going to the output of the profire, nothing through the buses. I had read a post on the web where someone suggested that if you save and close the session and reopen, everything would line up. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

This usually happens when you have plugins with processing delay on a master fader track. Bypass the master fader track or the plugins on it with the large delay and things will record right. Then you can put the master fader or plugins back on.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control