View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Mac Pro/HD3 boot-up problem

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Would anyone experiencing this issue be willing to allow us to get your machine in for testing?

We really need one to get this issue resolved. I'm pretty sure arrangements can be made to provide you with a machine to work with while we've got yours.

Please reply to this thread if you're willing.

I have a PowerPC Mac G5 Quad 2.5
4.5GB DDR2 Sdram
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs2
I have a HD3 System w/PCIe cards.
Tiger 10.4.9
I don't know what Video card I have but it runs 2 - 23" Monitors

I have this Boot-Up problem sometimes twice a week and then it may go up to 3 weeks before it happens again.
When booting up the cooling fans will go into high speed and the system hangs up until I hold the reset button in to shut down.
This has been happening since I received my machine in September 2006.
I thought it was just a Mac thing because I never had a Mac before but now being quite familiar with this system
I believe it's not just the Mac. I believe these PCIe cards have somewhat to do with it.
This is definately an issuse that needs to be addressed.

I would love to help solve this.

Yes I'm willing to send in my Power Mac for testing.
I can send you my e-mail address if you like.
Just let me know how to contact you.

Thanks
Your problem is something else, then. The problem we're referring to in this thread is specific to MacPro's.
Actually, I think his problem is exactly the same as the Mac Pro users are experiencing. An earlier post points to a power supply issue with Apple and I have had this exact same issue with a G5 Mac. I went through every problem discussed. Strange hard crash or kernel panic... restart and lights come on and nothing happens...fans go wild and nothing happens... 3rd or 4th boot it works... launch without firewire drives might work... launch without usb peripherals might work... launch with one monitor, etc. These led to a false sense of security since it was all coincidence when it eventually booted. Then one day nothing! No power, no partial start, nada! Sent the Mac in and it was the power supply. It had gone completely. Out of warranty repair later and the with a new power supply, the problem was fixed.

Guys and girls, this is a Mac problem. Get your computer power supply checked. Best of luck.