View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 06:45 AM

Default Pro Tools & Antelope Orion Studio/Thunderbolt Issues

Dear All,

Have just spent a load of money on a new Antelope Orion Studio interface. Sounds great, looks great, but am having big issues getting it to work properly with PT11.

Basically, I get intermittent connectivity issues - which seem to be triggered/made worse when using Pro Tools. This means PT crashes with an error message saying connectivity between the Orion and PT was lost. I also had similar problems with a PreSonus Quantum interface I was trialling and ended up sending back as I thought there must be an issue with it. It would seem my issue is something in my system not getting on with each other as they should.

I am running:

PT 11.3.1
iMac 3GHz Intel Core i5 / 16GB RAM
Orion Studio Firmware 3.37

Trashing the PT preferences sometimes improves things for a while... I got around an hour of uninterrupted PT work earlier today. But surely this shouldn't be necessary to do every single time I want to open PT? Plus it is still crashing... it shouldn't really be crashing at all.

I have already done a major web search on possible issues and fixes (as it's the weekend, neither Antelope nor Avid's Support teams are working) and gone through a whole range of things... resetting Apple's SMC (which improved things for a while until PT got opened), trashing preferences, updating firmware on the Orion etc. etc. etc.

I haven't yet tried another DAW to confirm whether it is a PT issue - but given the problems have started when PT is in use, am counting that it probably is.

Other than that, am now running out of options so wondered if anyone out there had any suggestions? Anything would be very gratefully received. Thank you!