View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 06:15 AM

Default Pro Tools 2019 slow dialog boxes

This is a problem that's plagued me since I upgraded to 2019 but I've been so busy I've just ignored it. Dialog boxes (and plugin windows) take ages to open.

An extreme example would be when I do a bounce to disk and have the mp3 option ticked. After pressing OK it can take anything up to 20 seconds for the mp3 dialog to appear.

A more annoying example is when I press [enter] to make a memory location. It takes several seconds for the dialog to come up, which is useless if I happen to be in play or record at the time.

Sometimes I click to open a plugin, nothing happens and I click again thinking I 'missed' the first time. Then of course the plugin appears and immediately disappears, because I didn't miss the first time.

Outside of Pro Tools, the machine runs fine with no delays of this sort in any other application.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike