View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Duplicate/Copy Paste Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
roulette records. I once shared your frustration. I still consider myself a novice but I've experienced the same frustration you describe. I'm PT's 9,Win 7 and I've tried all the methods. Copy, Paste, Repeat, etc. I like my music spot on and I agree with most of what you say. I don't do beats or rap, just pop rock. I've found that Copy/Paste works best but if I'm not in Absolute Grid mode I still have to check through all the recorded regions and correct some manually. Nothing is perfect! All we can do is try our best to deal with computerized music. Even the tightest band is still imperfect! Why try to change reality!
Hey Terry, nice to hear you chime in and thanks for your response.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement of "Even the tightest band is still imperfect! Why try to change reality!" Trust me man, I am the "off" king when it comes to music.

So let me clarify. I used the "grid" as a example of this problem cause it is absolute and you can instantly see its off if it is. If the beginning of a clip in my example was in some random off grid placement, then seeing it be off of its original placement quickly for the example would take more precise looking at. So I just used the grid placement as a "easy to try and see" example.

I love that live feel, yes even in Hip Hop and electronic music that usually doesn't have it. I have mastered ways of manually getting sections perfect "feeling" like a fluid band groove. Its painstaking, so I usually only do it for 8-16 bars max, then want to paste it throughout the song.

So as I agree, I want to clarify that a band is "perfectly off" in a breathing like fluid way. Not randomly 1 to 8 samples off in the same direction every time ! lol So actually this issue is less apparent if you are a grid locker, cause really, hearing 1 to 8 samples off the grid is close to impossible.

But my argument begins to hold serious water once you already programed placement off the grid like a band groove would be. Then if that gets nudged around more and in a stiff unorganic way like this issue does, it truly does effect the "feel", cause it just rips the feeling apart that I ever so tried to get right.

Here we are just talking about the "why you want it that way" part of it. And sure, thats fun and debatable. But this leads to my second posts reasoning of... really, there is no reason for it to do this unless they have this particular copy/paste/dup/repeat code written wrong and overly complicated for no reason. And now, thats the new point of this thread IMO - lol
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them