View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaorum View Post
Ultimate & HDX it's easy for you I told about a basic PT Vanilla subscribe which I'm less less concerned by the last updates
My comment was more of a wink wink jab jab at how I was ever going to survive after you left.

My sarcasm and witty humor isn't always appreciated.

I'm not happy about paying $400/machine/year (one at home and 10+ at work -- at least that's not MY money although I have to fight for it). To not even get prompt OS compatibility upgrades is annoying but there is no "real" choice. It's the cost of doing business. Anything other than Pro Tools is a non-starter in my business.

We used to complain about the $1000/year Pro Tools upgrade cost but at least you could safely avoid a couple of years of those with no penalty of jumping back in when you felt the need. That all changed with PT 10(?) when it started saving file formats that couldn't be opened in 9. Lots of headaches there. Previously you'd just get a notice that some features would not be supported.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.