View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 07:25 AM

Default iLok Authorizations Not Recognized (SOLVED)

I had such a perplexing issue last night. I transferred licenses from Slate Digital to my iLok account after installing the software. Everything seemed fine. Then, I open up Pro Tools 12 and I get the splash window telling me I have no authorizations for Pro Tools ("please activate or plug in an activated iLok, etc, etc."). What??? I have so many authorizations on my iLok, it's not even funny.

I restart my computer, I trash prefs, I try to put the iLok itself in a different USB port, I check my iLok account in the Manager and on the App. Everything seems normal. Still, Pro Tools not reading my iLok and asking me for authorizations.

This started at midnight, it's now 2AM. I have a session the next morning and I am starting to get a little worried.

Well, thanks for some random post on GearSlutz, I find that if you right click on the iLok choice in the left side column, you can hit "synchronize" or "re-sync." Anyway, that little tactic was the issue. All worked after that.

My question is how the eff did this even happen? I put Slate Digital authorizations on my iLok and suddenly, my entire iLok is "un-synced?" That makes no sense. For what it's worth, I hate the iLok. It's a confusing, ******** system that each plugin vendor handles a little differently, so there is no consistency.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else had this problem. It totally threw me for about 2 hours.

MAC OS Ventura
Pro Tools 2024.3
2020 iMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5, 64GB Ram
UA Apollo Rackmount Thunderbolt + Dangerous D-Box
2x Glyph Studio 2TB Raid SSD