View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Help choosing Uad plugin.

Thanks for your thoughts!! I've just about ruled out the LA-3A for the time being. The 1176 and LA-2A are incredible. The Pro Tools comp and limiters are also very functional.

Other than the CS-1 and Pultec included with the UAD package, my only eq's are the included Pro Tools and Joe Meek Meequalizer (from the Producer's package).

When comparing features between the Cambridge and the Pro Tools 4 band, The Cambridge's variety of shelving and slope parameters and settings is outstanding. I also find the ability to A/B from my edited settings to settings based on those a very cool time saving feature.

So, the Cambridge would be an excellent upgrade (considering it's free!!!). But any thoughts regarding the Fairchild 670? I've heard and read that it's great for steel string acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass and vocals. Some like it on the drum bus or the master bus. The mid/side (lat/vert) feature looks interesting and could help with stereo imaging, overhead mics and location stereo recording.

Any input is greatly appreciated!