View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 PM

Default Help choosing Uad plugin.

I'm new to the Uad paradigm. I have a MacbookPro, 17" i7 quad, Pro Tools 9. Couldn't resist the Solo Laptop @ $299--especially with the included EMT 250 reverb and wrapper-less Rtas compatibility!! I've been really getting into both the LA-2A and the 1176LN. Surprisingly, the CS-1 channel strip has helped liven up some tracks as well, especially some synths and keyboards. Uad is living up to its rep so far, imho. What's even nicer, is the fact that they sent an email offering me my choice of a free plugin. Very cool. I just need to ask for a little input from anyone who has the time. From a list of ten they gave me, I've narrowed it down to three; the Fairchild 670, the LA-3A, and the Cambridge EQ. I am a longtime performing musician and educator. I produce and record myself and my students. I am fortunate to work in many styles and genres. In particular, I like the sounds of nicely represented acoustic instruments-drums, guitars (acoustic, electric, classical etc.), pianos, woodwinds, strings, children's choirs, children's band and orchestra, etc. Although am comfortable with synths and samplers, I do tend to prefer sounds that have an acoustic quality--or rather at least the illusion that someone is actually playing, singing, or performing. What do you think? Which of those three would be the most essential? They all sound great, but is one of them a "gotta have"? Less redundant than the others? Thanks everyone for your time!