View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Midi Timing Delay Sync Issue: MTC Sync

Hey, thanks all for the overwhelming response....of course I'm being sarcastic. but hey, i have had only one cup of java so far so I'm still grumpy.

Anway, i did some more research on this yesterday. Now this is the funny part. I changed the time code reference in both cubase sx3 and protools le 6.9 to read in samples. Now get this....on the cubase computer the sample number always varies from the readout on the protools software. Normally around 5000 samples..sometimes a little more a little less. Now this is counterintuitive no???? you would think that if anything, if the cubase was the slave their might be some latency and the number of samples would be less and not more? At any rate, this is the essential question. Why are these two numbers different? Shouldn't they be excatly the same??? Does it really matter in the end? In other words, as long as the time is the same relative to the protools it wount be out of sync. Not sure if i said that correctly. At any rate, i'm trying to find out if this will cause any other issues that I haven't taken into consideration. I don't want to start recording songs and find out all my efforts are in waste as this sync "issue" will cause everything to be down the garbage.

Some more info... I have checked my ASIO settings on both systems and it is really low. 128 samples , 3m secs. I have check offset settings and nothing seemed to help.

Please...I know I can not possible be the only one in the world trying to sync two different computers together.

Thanks.